Blazing Deals

Find United Kingdom Flights

Travelers 1, Economy
Area Airports

Nearby Airports

See all
Featured Destination

Explore Yarm

Yarm is a small town in North Yorkshire, England. The town is on the south bank of the River Tees and is historically part of the North Riding of Yorkshire. The bridge at Yarm marked the furthest reach of tidal flow up the River Tees until the opening, in 1995, of the Tees Barrage, which now regulates river flow above Stockton. As the last bridge on the river before the sea, it was superseded by a new toll bridge opened in Stockton in 1771. The oldest part of the town, around the High Street, is situated in a loop of the river, and the newer parts of the town extend to the point where the River Leven meets the River Tees.

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Yarm " , which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.

Hiking

True Lovers’ Walk

Riverside path.
Read More
See all

Sightseeing

St Mary Magdalene

St Mary Magdalene is a Church of England parish church in the town of Yarm, Stockton-on-Tees, England. Administratively, it is a parish of the Diocese of York. The current rector is the Reverend John Ford. The current church building is the third to stand on the site. The first was a wooden Saxon building of which no traces remain. A Norman church was built in the late 12th Century and remained until 1728 when it razed by fire. The present Georgian church was built from the remains of the second in 1730.
Read More

St John the Baptist

The parish church of St John the Baptist, Egglescliffe is an Anglican church in the village of Egglescliffe, Stockton-on-Tees. It is a perpendicular church, built in the Norman style. There has been a church on the site for at least 900 years, however the original date of construction is unknown. It is claimed that there is an underground tunnel from the church to the Friarage in the grounds Yarm School. It is alleged that it was originally used as an escape tunnel for the monks when the Yarm School area was a catholic house. The Dominican Friars, Black Friars, occupied a site in Yarm from 1286 to 1583. It is part of a long history and many more are buried in the church yard than there are gravestones for - some graves marked with just one name actually contain up to four people, since people have been buried there for hundreds and hundreds of years, grave stones only being introduced recently.
Read More
See all

Hotels