Blazing Deals

Find Italy Flights

Travelers 1, Economy
Area Airports

Nearby Airports

See all
Featured Destination

Explore Palermo

Palermo is a city in southern Italy, the capital of the autonomous region of Sicily and the metropolis of Palermo. The city is known for its history, culture, architecture and gastronomy and plays an important role throughout its existence. it is over 2,700 years old. Palermo is located in the northwest of the island of Sicily, directly on the Gulf of Palermo in the Tyrrhenian Sea. The city was 734 BC. Founded by the Phoenicians as Ziz. Palermo then became a possession of Carthage, before it became part of the Roman Republic, the Roman and finally the Byzantine Empire for over a thousand years. The Greeks called the city Panormus, which means "complete harbor".

Discover

Palermo Cathedral

Via dell'Incoronazione 9, 90134 Palermo, Italy
The Cathedral of Palermo is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Palermo in Palermo, Sicily, southern Italy. It is dedicated to the Assumption. As an architectural complex, it is characterized by various styles, due to a long history of additions, alterations and restorations, the last of which took place in the 18th century.
Read More

Royal Palace of Palermo

1 Piazza del Parlamento
The Palazzo dei Normanni or the Royal Palace of Palermo is a palace in Palermo, Italy. It was the seat of the kings of Sicily during Norman rule and then served as the headquarters of power for the subsequent rulers of Sicily. Seat of the Sicilian Parliament, now the seat of the Sicilian Regional Assembly. The building is the oldest royal residence in Europe, home to the rulers of the Kingdom of Sicily and the Imperial residence of Frederick II and Conrad IV.
Read More

Zisa Castle

Via Guglielmo il Buono 1, 90138 Palermo, Italy
The Zisa is a castle in the western part of Palermo in Sicily, southern Italy. It belongs to the UNESCO-Norman Palermo and to the Cathedral Churches of Cefalù and to the Monreale World Heritage Site. The construction was begun in the 12th century by Arab craftsmen for King William I of Sicily and completed by his son William II. The building had been conceived as a summer residence for the Norman kings, as part of the great hunting resort of Genoardo, which also included the Cuba Sottana, the Cuba Soprana and the Uscibene Palace. The Zisa is clearly inspired by Moorish architecture. The name Zisa itself derives from the Arabic term al-Azīz and means "sweet" or "gorgeous".
Read More

Botanical Garden of Palermo

Via Lincoln 2, 90133 Palermo, Italy
The Orto Botanico di Palermo is both a botanical garden and a research and educational institution of the Botanical Department of the University of Palermo. The garden is located in the city of Palermo, Italy, 10 meters above sea level. It covers about 0.12 km2 on red soil, which has formed on a limestone tuff.
Read More

Church of Santa Maria dell’Ammiraglio

Piazza Bellini 3, 90139 Palermo, Italy
The Martorana The Co-Cathedral of St. Mary the Admiral is also the seat of the parish of San Nicolò dei Greci, a co-cathedral overlooking Piazza Bellini in Palermo, Sicily, southern Italy. The church belongs to the Eparchia di Piana degli Albanesi of the Italo-Albanian Catholic Church, a diocese that includes the Albanian communities in Sicily that govern the liturgy after the Byzantine rite in the ancient Greek language. The church is characterized by the variety of styles that meet each other, as it has been enriched over the centuries by different tastes in art, architecture and culture. In fact, today as a church historical monument, it is the result of multiple transformations that are also under protection.
Read More

Regional Archaeological Museum

Via Bara All'Olivella, 24, 90133 Palermo, Italy
The Regional Archaeological Museum Antonio Salinas is a museum in Palermo, Italy. It has one of the richest collections of Punic and ancient Greek art in Italy and many items related to the history of Sicily. The museum used to belong to the Oratory of Saint Philip Neri and is dedicated to Antonio Salinas, a famous archaeologist and numismatist from Palermo. It is part of the Olivella Monument complex, which includes the St. Ignatius Church and adjacent oratory.
Read More

Chiaramonte Palace

Piazza Marina 61, 90133 Palermo, Italy
Palazzo Chiaramonte-Steri is a historical palace in Palermo, Sicily, southern Italy. The building was begun in the early 14th century, and was the residence of the powerful Sicilian lord Manfredi III Chiaramonte. He commissioned the decoration of the Sala Magna, with a painted wooden ceiling by Cecco di Naro, Simone da Corleone and Pellegrino Darena. From the late 15th century to 1517 it housed the Aragonese-Spanish viceroys of Sicily; later it was home to the Royal Customs and, from 1600 to 1782, the tribunal of the Holy Inquisition. The palace was restored in the 20th century, with numerous elements associated with its role as a jail of the Inquisition. During the works, the grooves left by iron cages in which had been hung the severed heads of the nobles who had rebelled against emperor Charles V were discovered in the façade.
Read More

Cappella Palatina

Piazza Indipendenza, 90129 Palermo, Italy
The Palatine Chapel, is the royal chapel of the Norman kings of Sicily situated on the first floor at the center of the Palazzo Reale in Palermo, southern Italy. Also referred to as a Palace church or Palace chapel, it was commissioned by Roger II of Sicily in 1132 to be built upon an older chapel constructed around 1080. It took eight years to build, receiving a royal charter the same year, with the mosaics being only partially finished by 1143. The sanctuary, dedicated to Saint Peter, is reminiscent of a domed basilica. It has three apses, as is usual in Byzantine architecture, with six pointed arches resting on recycled classical columns.
Read More

Church of San Giovanni degli Eremiti

Via dei Benedettini 16, 90134 Palermo, Italy
San Giovanni degli Eremiti is a church in Palermo, Sicily, near the Palazzo dei Normanni.
Read More
See all

Sports

Renzo Barbera Stadium

Stadio Renzo Barbera is a football stadium in Palermo, Italy. It is currently home of U.S. Città di Palermo football team. The stadium was inaugurated on 24 January 1932, and was named Stadio Littorio in homage to the Fascism. The opening match was Palermo vs Atalanta, with Palermo winning 5–1. A track surrounded the pitch and there were no stands behind either goal. In 1936, the stadium was renamed Stadio Michele Marrone, in memory of a soldier killed during the Spanish Civil War. The name was changed again at the end of World War II to Stadio La Favorita, from the name of the nearby ancient game preserve of Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor in the 13th century. In 1948, the track was removed and stands behind each goal were built.
Read More
See all

Restaraunts

Vucciria Market

Piazza Caracciolo, 1, 90121 Palermo, Italy
Come to this historic market and enjoy real local atmosphere. Packed with fresh Italian products, you do not know what to buy first.
Read More

Restaurant Antica Focacceria S. Francesco

58 Via Alessandro Paternostro
A busy restaurant popular among locals. There's a restaurant upstairs and a fast-food joint downstairs. The food is great, however the service can be lacking sometimes.
Read More
See all

Going Out

Politeama Theatre

Piazza Ruggero Settimo, 90139 Palermo, Italy
The Politeama Theater is a theater of Palermo. It is located in the central Piazza Ruggero Settimo and is the second most important theater in the city after the Teatro Massimo. It houses the Orchestra Sinfonica Siciliana.
Read More

Teatro Massimo

Piazza Giuseppe Verdi, 90138
The Teatro Massimo Vittorio Emanuele is an opera house and opera house located in Piazza Verdi in Palermo, Sicily. It was King Victor Emanuel II's Dedicated. It is the largest in Italy and one of the largest in Europe, known for its perfect acoustics.
Read More

Teatro Biondo

258 Via Roma
The Biondo Theatre is a theatre of Palermo. It is located in the central Via Roma and represents the more recent historical theatre of the city. The theatre was designed by the communal architect Nicolò Mineo and built between 1899 and 1903. On 15 October 1903 it was inaugurated with a performance of Ermete Novelli.
Read More
See all

Hiking

Villa Trabia

Via Marchese Ugo 3, 90141 Palermo, Italy
An enchanting 18th-century villa with a beautiful neoclassical garden. The garden is an excellent place to relax.
Read More

Mondello Beach

This amazing beach with white sand and gentle slope is a popular place for the residents of Palermo and for the tourists as well. You can easily get here with the bus from the city centre. The only downside is that it can get a little bit crowded and from time to time you can bump into nagging vendors on the beach.
Read More

Palace of Cuba

Corso Calatafimi, 100, 90129 Palermo, Italy
The Cuba is a palace in the Sicilian city of Palermo. It was built in 1180 by William II of Sicily in his great Royal Park, as his personal recreation pavilion, together with an artificial lake: it shows strong Fatimid art influences, as it was designed and decorated by Arab artists still living in Palermo after the Norman conquest in 1072. During the rule of Bourbon kings of Naples it was annexed to a barracks. In the 16th century it was turned into a lepers' colony. The edifice has a rectangular plan, with massive forms. The four façades are marked by blind arcades, small windows, and niches. The name Cuba derives in fact from its approximately cubical form. The famous Italian Middle Ages author Boccaccio was impressed by the Cuba and set here one of the novellas included in the Decameron.
Read More

Castello di Maredolce

The Maredolce Castle, also called Favara Palace, is a medieval building of Palermo. During the Siculo-Norman age it represented one of the "Solatii Regii" of the Kings of Sicily in the capital city. It si located within the Favara Park, in the neighbourhood of Brancaccio.
Read More
See all

Relaxing

Foro Italico

The Foro Italico is a lawn along the seafront of Palermo, Sicily, Italy. In 1582 Vice-King Marco Antonio Colonna created a walking path in this part of the coast, that became a favorite destination for the leisure of the upper classes of the city in the 17th and 18th centuries. It is entirely pedestrian, is approximately 40,000 m2 in size, with Mediterranean flora of various kinds, benches, trees, ceramic sculptures, a bike path, night lighting and a wide scenic walk along the coast. It was redeveloped in 2003, when, the lawn, the pedestrian paths, the public lighting and an irrigation system were improved. The project was carried out by the technicians of the municipality of Palermo.
Read More

Villa Giulia

The Villa Giulia, also known as Villa del Popolo, and as Villa Flor is a park in Palermo, lying to the east of the botanical gardens. The park was commissioned by magistrate D. Antonino La Grua e Talamanca, marquis of Regalmici, in 1777 with inspiration from Giovanni Meli. Construction began that year and was completed in 1778. It was extended and enlarged in 1866. Designed by Nicolò Palma and named after Giulia Guevara, it was Palermo's first public park.
Read More

Mondello Resort

Mondello, 90151 Palermo, Italy
Mondello is a small borough of the city of Palermo in the autonomous region of Sicily in Southern Italy. Its beach lies between two cliffs called Mount Gallo and Mount Pellegrino. The town was originally a small fishing village situated on marshland, but at the end of the 19th century it grew into a favourite tourist destination. The numerous Liberty style villas on the seafront promenade made it one of the gems of Art Nouveau in Europe.
Read More
See all

Shopping

Ballaro Market

Vicolo del Carmelo, 90134 Palermo, Italy
The traditional market of Palermo offers fresh fish and products from Sicily. Full of tourists, but the locals are still shopping there.
Read More
See all

Sightseeing

Catacombs of the Capuchins

Piazza Cappucini 1, 90129 Palermo, Italy
The Capuchin Catacombs of Palermo are grave catacombs in Palermo, Sicily, southern Italy. Today, they offer a somewhat macabre tourist attraction as well as an exceptional historical record.
Read More

Church of Jesus Palermo

Piazza Casa Professa 21, 90134 Palermo, Italy
The Church of Gesù, the Church of Saint Mary of Gesu or Casa Professa is one of the most important baroque churches in the Italian city of Palermo and throughout Sicily.
Read More

Pretoria Square

Piazza Pretoria, 90133 Palermo, Italy
Piazza Pretoria, also known as the Place of Shame, is located on the outskirts of the Kalsa district, near the corner of Cassaro and Via Maqueda, just a few meters from the Quattro Canti, the very center of the historic city of Palermo.
Read More

La Gancia Convent

Via Alloro 27, 90133 Palermo, Italy
Santa Maria della Gancia, also known as Santa Maria degli Angeli, is a 15th century Roman Catholic church.
Read More

Church of St. Francis of Assisi

Via del Parlamento 32, 90133 Palermo, Italy
The church of Saint Francis of Assisi is an important church of Palermo. It is located near the main street of the city, the ancient Cassaro, in the Kalsa district in the historic center of Palermo. The building is the most important Franciscan church of Sicily. It has the title Minor Basilica.
Read More

Mirto Palace

Via Merlo 2, 90133 Palermo, Italy
In this luxurious palace you will find glamorous, overly decorated interiors. Worth a visit during your stay in Palermo.
Read More

Oratory of the Rosary of St. Cita

Via dei Bambinai, 90133 Palermo, Italy
The Oratory of the Rosary of Saint Dominic is a Baroque Oratory of Palermo. It is located near the Church of Saint Dominic, in the Loggia district, in the historic center of Palermo. The oratory was founded in 1574. At the beginning of the 18th century Giacomo Serpotta realized a splendid stucco decoration. In addition, the oratory is decorated with several paintings by important artists such as Matthias Stom, Guglielmo Borremans, Geronimo Gerardi, Pietro Novelli, Valerio Castello and Luca Giordano. The most valuable work of art in the building, however, is the altarpiece by Anthony van Dyck depicting the Madonna of the Rosary with Saints Dominic, Catherine of Siena, Vincent Ferrer, Olivia, Nympha, Agatha, Christina and Rosalia. The painting was commissioned by Van Dyck in the time of the plague of 1624.
Read More

Pretoria Fountain

The Praetorian Fountain is a monumental fountain of Palermo. It is located in the heart of the historic center and is the main landmark of Piazza Pretoria. The fountain was built in 1554 by Francesco Camilliani in the city of Florence, but relocated to Palermo in 1574.
Read More

Quatro Cantti

Piazza Vigliena, Palermo, Italy
Quattro Canti, officially known as Piazza Vigliena, is a Baroque square in Palermo, Sicily, Southern Italy. It was laid out on the orders of the Viceroys between 1608-1620 by Giulio Lasso at the crossing of the two principal streets in Palermo, the Via Maqueda and the Corso Vittorio Emanuele. The piazza is octagonal, four sides being the streets; the remaining four sides are Baroque buildings, the near-identical facades of which contain fountains with statues of the four seasons, the four Spanish kings of Sicily, and of the patronesses of Palermo,. The facades onto the interchange are curved, and rise to four floors; the fountains rise to the height of the second floor, the third and fourth floors contain the statues in niches. At the time the piazza was built, it was one of the first major examples of town planning in Europe.
Read More
See all

Traveling

Port of Palermo

Port of Palermo is a port of Palermo, Sicily, Italy. The port of Palermo is one of the most important passenger ports in the Mediterranean. According to author Patrizia Fabbri, the port was "a constant driving force not only for the economy of the island, but also for the history of the city of Palermo". It is located a few kilometers from Francesco Crispi, near the ancient port of Cala, where you will find Arenella and Acqua Santa. In 2007, 6,630,240 tonnes and 2,305,991 passengers passed through the port.
Read More

Palermo–Boccadifalco Airport

Palermo–Boccadifalco Airport, also known as Giuseppe and Francesco Notarbartolo Airport, is the elder of two facilities which serve the Sicilian capital Palermo, in Italy. Located on the outskirts of the city, just before Monte Cuccio, it is one of the oldest airports in the country. Today it houses a Botanical garden and an ancient villa. The latter is used as the Officers' Club by the Italian Aeronautica Militare.
Read More
See all

Hotels

A Casa di Amici

57 Via Dante, 90141, Palermo

Atheneum

4 Via Luigi Giannettino, 90128, Palermo

Letizia

30 Via Bottai

Excelsior Hilton Palermo

3 Via Marchese Ugo, 90144, Palermo

B&B Amelie

94 Via Principe di Belmonte, 90139

Mediterraneo

43 Via Rosolino Pilo

Hotel

Via Stesicoro

Grand Hotel Wagner

Hospitality Hotel